[talks-uk] Re: Sad news concerning Torsten Brand, lead developer for talks

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:00:41 +0100

Hi Neil,

I am sorry to say it is absolutely true.

Here is my conversation with Marcus.

He begins:-

Hi Steve,

> Is it true that Torsten passed away?  I have been sent a message to
> that effect.

Yes, unfortunately this is true. He died in hospital last night as a result
of complications from minor surgery - we are still trying to get everyone
informed at the moment.

> If so, please send my condolensces to the people close to him that you
> know.
> He will be very much missed.

I will pass on your message to his wife. He will indeed be very sadly missed
- it is almost impossible to imagine there being a TALKS without him, and of
course he has been a long-time friend and business partner.

ciao marcus

Message Ends.

He will indeed be missed.