[talks-uk] Re: KNFB Reader

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 19:56:39 +0000

I only have limited experience with menus, often who I'm with just goes through it quick. I have read a few though and sometimes it reads a few things and then their prices, sometimes it reads the item and its price as you'd prefer it. This may be down to how the collumns are laid out. This is why the reader has two modes. Books, articles and labels format and bills and memos format. Books, articles and labelstakes into account columns which is good for articles or an open book, so it will read the left page before the right one. Bills and memos format will read left to right, top to bottom regardless.

At 17:50 15/11/2008, you wrote:
That's not bad and much better than I expected. With things like menus which are perhaps set out in columns, does it sort these and read in a way that makes sense?

Barbara

Get listed, network or find a business at an online directory of businesses owned and run by disabled people and associated support and advisory organisations:
<http://www.barkingbabs.co.uk>www.barkingbabs.co.uk
Steve/Neil, or anyone else using the KNFB Reader. Supposing I got the centralisation correct and scanned for example an A4 size document. What would be the average time for recognition?

Barbara

Get listed, network or find a business at an online directory of businesses owned and run by disabled people and associated support and advisory organisations:
<http://www.barkingbabs.co.uk>www.barkingbabs.co.uk

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3615 (20081115) __________

Checked by AVG.