[talks-uk] Re: KNFB Reader

  • From: "Neil Barnfather - TalkNav" <talks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 17:52:08 -0000

Barbra,

I find that from pressing down arrow which takes the photo to actual reading
is about 10 seconds as Steve states.

But one thing that is important here is what Dean touches on, prospective,
what I see, if you pardon the expression, a lot of people doing wrong with
KNFB is taking a photo very close to the target, this is because they've
perhaps been blind all their lives or similar, but they don't understand the
relationship between distance and scope, i.e. the further away you are the
more that you can get into your field of view and the more though you loose
by way of clarity.

So with cameras in general it's a trade off between clarity and prospective.

Normally about 18 inches or 45cm is required in distance to encompass an
entire page of A4 into one picture, witch is the equivalent of one and a
half sheets of paper sticking up from the paper at a right angle if that
makes sense, most blind users hold the phone only about 6 inches away, which
means that the photo they take only has about 40% of the page contents in
it, then they wonder why the thing doesn't work.

Neil Barnfather
WFA List Administrator
Talks Users Host

Don't forget TalkNav which is a Nuance accessibility and Wayfinder Access
software dealer and distributor, for all your product needs with instant
product activation and an online store supporting British Sterling, US
Dollars and Euros.

www.TalkNav.net
+44 161 277 7997
service@xxxxxxxxxxx