TalkSerotek: Satogo voice

  • From: James Aldrich <jkaldrich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 19:57:36 -0500

Hello!

Yes! I like the introductory voice with Satogo. Should someone not log in however, one is faced with the E-speak engine. All of us have this available to us through Samnet. I tried satogo again today just to see how things were working. The E-speak Max Voice sounded terrible here! There is so much popping and static on the speech! It really isn't worth using if one had to do so for some reason! You and I with accounts don't have a problem but if someone had this e-speak engine as his or her only speech on Satogo, it would be miserable to say the least! It could have been my Netbook, but the popping and static were simply awful! Sometimes, the speech itself would cut in and out. I hope a more suitable English speaking engine is chosen for Satogo or go back to Dectalk. If another multi-lingo speech is needed, I'm certain Max on E-speak might fit the bill. I understand the concept one gets what they pay for especially when free but Max sounded awful on my system this mornhing! I hope something with Satogo for those who really need it can be resolved!

Thanks for reading!

Jim

Talk-Serotek Archives ar at: //www.freelists.org/archives/talk-serotek/