[tabi] Fw: a major step forward

  • From: "Nancy Folsom" <nfolsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 19:33:36 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Betsy
To: Nancy Folsom
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:33 AM
Subject: a major step forward

I just had to tell you about something awesome that I think is worth passing
along to tabi.
If you agree, please pass it along since I am unable to do so.

I'm including the name of the facility so people may know exactly where this
service is offered.

I am a new patient at Tallahassee Neurological Clinic and while making the
appointment I was asked if I wanted the paperwork mailed to me or would I
prefer a link to complete it online.
I've never received that option before so was totally excited at the prospect
of being able to do it but prepared for it to be inaccessible.  To my absolute
delight I found it to be almost 100% accessible with the only problem being on
the very last page where I was unable to select clickable items.
I felt like a kid with a new toy as I was able to complete this large amount of
very personal information without sighted assistance and in my opinion this is
a major step forward in gaining increased independence.
I do not know if there are any other medical facilities in the area offering
this amazing option, but wanted to make people aware that it is possible and
hope that one day it will become common practice with all types of paperwork.

Betsy

18:34:00