[sustainableri] Fwd: Urban Agriculture Kick-Off!!!

  • From: "Dauna J. Noble" <daunajean@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sustainableri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:12:37 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Erika, Providence Community Garden Network <
gardennetwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:34 PM
Subject: Urban Agriculture Kick-Off!!!

PROVIDENCE GARDENERS!

The first day of Spring is coming & we're throwing an incredible Kick-Off.
The popcorn machine will be cranking! Come trade your extra seeds for seeds
you need! Enjoy a whole afternoon of local music & quick, hands-on gardening
workshops!  Plus, pick up your 2010 Plant Providence Calendar with a whole
year's worth of free workshops.

*URBAN AGRICULTURE SPRING KICK-OFF!*
WHEN: Saturday, March 20th, 1-4 pm
WHERE: Highlander Charter School, 42 Lexington Ave
$$: FREE! Open to the public!
WORKSHOPS: Seed starting, Hmong cooking, Garden planning, Compost & Soil
testing!

Want to help set-up, greet gardeners, share your compost know-how or run the
popcorn machine? Email Erika, gardennetwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, if you want to
help out.

Bring your extra seeds to swap!
& Please spread the word!
Erika

--
Erika Rumbley
Community Garden Network Coordinator

<< The Greater-Providence Community Garden Network is a voluntary, community
gardener-led coalition of nearly 30 gardens. We’re joining forces to help
community gardeners in our area grow more food. >>