[sustainableri] Fwd: TOMORROW: Urban Agriculture Spring Kick-Off!!

  • From: "Dauna J. Noble" <daunajean@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sustainableri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 16:18:49 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Erika, Community Garden Network <gardennetwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 1:29 PM
Subject: TOMORROW: Urban Agriculture Spring Kick-Off!!

{{  Please spread the word!  }}

*Join us tomorrow for the Urban Agriculture Spring Kick-Off! *We're hosting
a full afternoon of gardening workshops, nim chow demonstration, a seed
swap, silent auction & local music. The popcorn machine will be cranking!
Come trade extra seeds for seeds you need! There will even be a Kids Corner
for young green thumbs!

<http://goog_1097976433>
Urban Agriculture Spring
Kick-Off<http://southsidecommunitylandtrust.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/ready-to-grow/>
Saturday, February 26th, 1-4 pm
The Botanical Center at Roger Williams
Park<http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=botanical+center+roger+williams&fb=1&gl=us&hq=botanical+center+roger+williams&hnear=Providence,+RI&cid=0,0,11575045869371598437&z=16&iwloc=A>
1000 Elmwood Avenue, Providence
Free for Community Gardeners and Kids. $5 for General Public.

Workshops at the Kick-Off will be taught by community experts from around
the state. Topics include Seed Starting, Vegetable Garden Planning, City
Chickens, Collecting Rainwater, Alternatives to Miracle Gro, How to Tap
Maple Trees, Home Composting and more! Plus, you can pick up a free 2011
Plant Providence Calendar, your guide to this year's events related to
growing food in the city.

If you're one of the 250 gardeners who joined us last year, we look forward
to kicking off another season with you. If this is your first Kick-Off,
don't miss it! Questions? Call Erika, at 401-273-9419 ext: 30.

--
Erika Rumbley
Community Garden Network Coordinator

*2011 marks our 30th anniversary! *
Share your stories, get involved, find out more on our 30th
website<http://www.southsideclt.org/30years>
.*
Southside Community Land Trust: Still growing after all these years. *