[suncommunity] Re: ppp dies after a short while

  • From: hinrich <cin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sun Community Forum <suncommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 09:08:11 +0100

This message was sent from: Sun Community Forum.
<http://www.gekkou.co.uk/forum/read.php?f=1&i=497&t=475>

I had the same problem after installing Solaris 9. With Solaris 8 everything
worked fine. There seems to be a problem with the route-deamon. I found that
the defaultroute disappeares after a few minutes. There have been
discussions in the network-forum of Sunsolve but all the proposed patches
for me didn't work. So my workaround was to delete the defaultroute created
by the ppp-deamon immediately after its creation and then readd the same
route using the 'route add ..' command. The route then remains stable. If
you are interested I can send you a script which does this procedure.

Sent using Phorum software version 3.3.2c <http://phorum.org>