[suncommunity] Re: SunPCi IIpro problem

  • From: Adrien Farkas <freddy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: suncommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 23:22:11 +0200

Matt (mw5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote :

>   I recently installed an Expert3d-Lite into my blade 100 and I also use a
> SunPCi IIpro through X a lot.  For awhile there was no difference in
> operation between the two except that I could take my resoultion to
> 1600x1200x75.  Then, for no reason I could see, drawing operations in the
> SunPCi X window began to take FOREVER!--There is clipping when I refresh the
> desktop or move the mouse fast, and there is at least a 2 second lag when I
> move windows around in it, too.
>   I installed Solaris 9 from scratch in the last few weeks, but that hasn't
> changed anything.  Can anyone help me diagnose this problem?  Thanks.

looks like this might be a badly configured (or unconfigured) video
driver in the sunpci windows (if there is windows).

did you try to attach mouse? do you have the same problem with external
monitor and keyboard? try this, please, if you have the possibility, or
at least attach the mouse and let us see, i had the same problem during
windows installation, but as soon as the correct drivers are in place,
graphics is quick again.

cheers,
--
                                        freddy