[studiorecorder] Re: is this even possible?

  • From: "Harry Brown" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "wd8oep2464" for DMARC)
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 00:03:50 -0400

Hi Mary,
Well thanks for all this great info!
Well, here's what I found, after doing a google search for "external sound card"
Best Buy
Creative Labs - Sound Blaster Zx Sound Card. ... External USB sound card; virtual 7.1 24-bit/192kHz, 120dB USB Digital Audio Converter (DAC) and headphone amplifier; native 7.1 Surround Sound support. ... ROCCAT - Juke Virtual 7.1 USB stereo soundcard & headset adapte
Sound Card: Computer Sound Cards & USB External Sound Cards - Best Buy
Now the page with all their external sound cards is at
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/computer-cards-components/sound-cards/abcat0507003.c?id=abcat0507003
So, can you have a look at that page, and let me know what you think about any of sound blaster external sound cards they have on that page? I'm going to stay with Sound Blaster, the others, are not very well known. We do have a best buy here, about a mile away!
Harry
On 3/12/2016 2:59 PM, Mary Emerson (Redacted sender maryemerson for DMARC) wrote:

Harry,

I have a SoundBlaster external sound card that has the "what u hear" feature. This lets you record anything coming out of a PC. I turn the speech off, since I have Braille; and exit any programs, such as email, that play sounds; then I start Studio Recorder, arrow or tab to the item I want to record, which could be YouTube stuff, and then start the playback. When finished, I go to Studio Recorder, and delete the unwanted info before the material starts, and the unwanted stuff after it finishes, up to the end of the place where I stopped the recording. The result is a recording of the Internet sound file, whether it's from YouTube or somewhere else.

Mary