[studiorecorder] Re: Recording Time

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:55:05 -0500

Jonathan, you have it a bit wrong already. At 44,100 Hz, 16-bit stereo,
you will get about three hours and 23 minutes, not six hours and 45
minutes. You may have gotten this from other products, but SR follows
the 2GB limit rules for .wav files, thus the limitation.

Answer: you will get about 13.5 hours at 22,050 Hz, 16-bit, stereo.

>>> milamj@xxxxxxx 01/24/07 03:41PM >>>
Hi All,

Just so I don't have to actually record to find out, does anyone know
approx how much recording time I could get from a file recorded at
2250HZ 16Bit Monno?
I know with 44HZ 16Bit stereo, I only get 6:45 or so.  My assumption
is
that if I lower the bit rate and make it monno, that this will maybe
double the recording time?

Thanks,
Jonathan