[studiorecorder] Re: How To Extract Out One Channel In A Stereo Recording

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 16:29:20 -0400

Mika:

Hit Ctrl+A to select all, Ctrl+R to select the right channel only,
Ctrl+C to put the right channel on the clipboard, and Ctrl+D to paste
the channel into a new document. The copy process may take a while, but
when you are done, you will have a mono document containing the right
channel.

Rob Meredith

>>> Mika_Pyyhkala@xxxxxxx 05/24/06 01:47PM >>>
Hi,

I recorded a presentation using an Iriver IFP899 in 96K stereo mp3, and

now I have the file in Studeo Recorder.

One of the channels (right) side sounds very good, but the left side
you
can barely hear anything.  Is there a way to extract the right channel
so
that I could use that one, and discard the poorer sounding left
channel.

FYI in the end a mono recording will be fine we don't need stereo in
the
final mp3 to be released.

Thank you,
Mika