[studiorecorder] Re: Extracting the audio from avi video files

  • From: "John Stiers" <jstiers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:31:45 -0700

Robert:
Probably the best program to use to extract the audio files is "DVD Audio Extracter." ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Carter" <r-carter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 7:58 AM
Subject: [studiorecorder] Extracting the audio from avi video files

Hi,

I just found out that my office is going to be recording .avi video files that I am going to need to extract the audio portion to use in Studio Recorder. I have heard of some software that extracts audio from video files. Does anybody know what this software is called? I am looking for something that will convert the extracted files to .wav or .mp3 so that I can bookmark them with SR. I will be using the software with Window-Eyes.

Thanks,

Robert Carter