Re: [steem] small bugs

  • From: "Stephen Ware" <sware@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 23:47:41 -0000

Hi Russ

>> in Windows XP (but not 98) you can't create a type 2
> > hidden file on drives C upwards.
>
> This could be tricky, must be a permissions problem or something. If you
log
> in as an administrator can you do it?

I think I am an adminstrator by default. It doesn't matter a lot to me, but
my main system "save" saves 2 files and I make one of them hidden so as not
to clutter up the desktop. Once diagnosed easily patched.

I note 2 weeks after buying Windows XP that it is so bug-ridden that I have
got to download a 28Mb patch to put it all right. NOT impressed. Maybe when
I have spent the necessary 2 hours on the phone this will work properly.

> Just a note on the tracing of exceptions, I think I have fixed it. As far
as
> I could tell Steem v2.4 is correct apart from chk, trapv, division by
zero,
> they wouldn't be traced. Is that what you have found?

...and Traps 1-16.

It seems that

for traceable exceptions (trap #1 - #16, trapv, div0, chk)
- trace is switched off after the instruction following the
exception-generating instruction (1)
- trace is switched back on after the instruction following RTE (1)

for non-traceable instructions (bus, address, privilege, illegal, A & F
emulators)
- trace is switched off after the exception-generating instruction (2)
- trace is switched back on after the instruction following RTE (same as
above) (1)

(1) incorrect in Steem 2.4
(2) correct in Steem 2.4

Best wishes