specurtin-committee Re: agenda

  • From: Winston Kosasih <wkosasih88@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: specurtin-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 11:49:07 +0800

Hey Ellie,

You forgot the graduate program with BG Group.

Also, this was another point I was going to bring up in the meeting but I
might as well mention it now. When we talk about recruiting new students, we
have always thought that it was for the "club" (the Curtin guild). While
this is not a problem, I have figured that we have missed the whole point of
why SPE set us up in the first place altogether.

Our main aim is to get students to *become members of SPE*. Not to join the
guild club or list their name and contact details down so we can mail out
information to them. Remember we ARE SPE, a branch of it, not
a separate entity. SPEs aim of expanding their membership is therefore ours
as well. This is also the main metric SPE uses to judge how well established
a chapter is.

This perception needs to be rectified immediately and I feel the need to
discuss how this is going to be achieved and kept track of in our next
meeting.

Regards
Winston