specurtin-committee Re: Minutes of Meeting Tues 8/3

  • From: Ellie Lock <ellie.lock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "specurtin-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <specurtin-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 01:05:17 +0000

Hi Winston.

About the board meeting. We discussed in the meeting to open up 1 more role for
2 people. The role is to be the SPECSC Board Representatives, as we cannot make
it.

If they are asking for a job description for this explain that it is to attend
all/most of the SPE Board meetings at Woodside once a month and to explain what
the chapter is doing and how we have progressed.

I say we look for someone immediately. Unfortunately Tye and some of the other
interested 2nd years have a Geology Lab on from 3-5 on a Wednesday afternoon so
they could not make it. However the Board meetings do tend to change days.
(mostly on a wednesday tho)

As for next year in February, activited should be something cultural to Perth
maybe. Im not quite sure what to expect really. Whether they want something to
do with our chapter or Australia. Maybe do an amazing race for them to show
them around Perth but also noting that uni doesnt start till march so its going
to be tough getting other members to go.

Anyway. I'll think of some more ideas. Do you know if they just want to do an
activity just with their people and our committee? Or if they want heaps of
Petroleum Engineers to come too..

Ellie