[sotd] TheBittenWord [December 15, 2015]

  • From: "Site of the Day" <amholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 06:54:00 -0800

Site of the Day for Tuesday, December 15, 2015

TheBittenWord

Today's site, a popular and engaging food blog from two genial hosts, offers a
relaxed foray into their adventures in the world of food magazines. Gentle
Subscribers, recalling the great Christmas Cookie Challenge of 2014, will find
a slightly abbreviated version this year, along with a panoply of recipes both
festive and standard.

"We're Zach and Clay, and we started this blog because we had a problem: too
many issues of food magazines we received were going unread or unused. So in
2008 we made a resolution: start cooking at least one recipes from each of our
magazines. Years later, we're still at it, but now we also feature original
recipes and share other things we're passionate about, like travel and books."-
from the website

With inviting panache, this stylish food blog hums with delicious recipes,
interesting features, and mouth-watering photography. A sidebar conveniently
lists well-organized categories -- Appetizers &amp; Party Food, Desserts &amp;
Sweets, Side Dishes, and Entrees (accent omitted) among others. Recent
highlights have included dishes from a Montreal excursion, a fabulous
Thanksgiving spread, and talking turkey on NPR's All Things Considered. The
primary focus, however, remains whipping up recipes from food magazines, such
as Cran-Blueberry Sauce with Candied Ginger from Cooking Light, Broccoli with
Lemon-Oregano Dressing from Cook's Country, and Miso-Marinated Salmon from
Cook's Illustrated.

Swing over to the blog for recipes with flair from the best food magazines at:

http://www.thebittenword.com/thebittenword/

A.M. Holm
Comments? Suggestions? amholm@xxxxxxxxxxx
Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=sotd and
//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd