[sotd] Pinch of Yum [December 29, 2015]

  • From: "Site of the Day" <amholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 07:14:07 -0800

Site of the Day for Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Pinch of Yum

Today's site offers an inviting food blog just in time for menu inspirations
for any New Year's jollity. Gentle Subscribers will discover an engaging and
dedicated Minnesota-based food writer with an inspiring collection of great
recipes to explore.

"I write, I cook, and I take pictures of delicious food. ... In the cooking
department, I'm a food enthusiast with an appetite for almost anything. I love
to cook vegetarian dishes, but we're not strictly anything when it comes to
what we eat. I love desserts, especially straight up salted dark chocolate. I
try to cook things that are practical, interesting, and delicious. I adore
noodles, curry, lentils, and pasta. Is that the same as noodles? Doesn't
matter. I love it all." - from the website

This spirited and enjoyable food blog hums with the enthusiasm of its author.
Enlivened by vibrant food images and well-written commentary, the posts provide
great recipes coupled with an appealing approach to cooking. A well-organized
selection of recipes can be found under the main tab which is subsequently
divided into meal time categories, plus desserts and a general index. With
hundreds of recipes at the site the author has recently taken a stroll through
the collection to pinpoint ten of her favorites; these include the slightly
unusual potato kale soup as well as the truly down home delights of a
comforting chocolate chip cookie recipe. In addition, a section devoted to Tips
and Tricks for better food photography is also available.

Swing over to the site for a noteworthy food blog at:

http://pinchofyum.com/

A.M. Holm
Comments? Suggestions? amholm@xxxxxxxxxxx
Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=sotd and
//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd