[sopvid] Re: Presidential entertainment 4th Feb 2014 my message to the president

  • From: stan mutuma <stanmutuma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sopvid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 08:51:56 +0300

Dear Paul,
I want  to wish  you well  as you proceed  with your function today.
Indeed we will be eager to learn of the outcome, which we believe and
expect to be a positive one.

Indeed it is commendable and encouraging to see that now days persons
with disability especially us the V.I. are taking real and  tangible
steps to ensure that we are represented and that we  air our own views
and  aspirations, as opposed to others airing them for us. It is a
confirmation  that says"he who wears the shoe, knows where it pinches
most"

However not  withstanding the aforementioned  statement, I believe we
should endavour in our  daily lives to intergrate with the main stream
society for better understanding and  creation of partnerships that
then can have a  positive impact in society in general.

Here at the judiciary, i have   always endavoured to put the best
image  forward for  persons with visual impairement and i  have
engaged the Chief Justice, who is the president of the judiciary and
Supreme court, to consider how more persons with  disability can be a
  meaningful part of the judiciary.

Let us continue to work  in this partnerships to create a more
fulfilling and better tommorrow today.

Regards,
Stan