[soapcraft] Re: soap batch - different containers = different colours

  • From: Louise Shing <louiseshing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 17:05:33 +1200

Maggie

I have had this happen too and agree with Gina.  I used a milk carton and a
silicone mold with exact same recipe and colours turned out slightly
different despite using towels to insulate and it is because different molds
ie container and silicone conduct heat or retain heat differently.

Louise

on 27/5/10 7:18 AM, Soapcraft at soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Yes I have seen this happen.  It was still possibly the different temperatures
> created in the different molds.
>
> gina
>

> On 27/05/10 12:05 AM, "Maggie Bath" <mcbath@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>  Hi  Gals/Guys
>>
>>  I made a  batch of soap 10 days ago and it's been sitting in the spare
>> bedroom  "curing" since  then.
>>  Soap "pudding" was put into a KMart silicone bar mould and because there was
>> mixture left over, I put the  rest into a de Winkels clear plastic yoghurt
>> container.  (Thought I'd  be clever and have a lovely pyramid shape of 5-6
>> round  soaps).
>>  What is intriguing/interesting is that  the soaps have turned out different
>> colours.  The silicone  one is a lovely creamy colour, while the yoghurt
>> container soap  has a nice opaque look to it.  They were both well  insulated
>> prior to demoulding.  I will try and upload photos to Facebook  so that you
>> can see what I'm ranting  about.
>>  Maggie
>>

>>    ">

JPEG image