[soapcraft] soap batch - different containers = different colours

  • From: "Maggie Bath" <mcbath@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 00:05:05 +1200

Hi Gals/Guys

I made a batch of soap 10 days ago and it's been sitting in the spare
bedroom "curing" since then.
Soap "pudding" was put into a KMart silicone bar mould and because there was
mixture left over, I put the rest into a de Winkels clear plastic yoghurt
container.  (Thought I'd be clever and have a lovely pyramid shape of 5-6
round soaps).
What is intriguing/interesting is that the soaps have turned out different
colours.  The silicone one is a lovely creamy colour, while the yoghurt
container soap has a nice opaque look to it.  They were both well insulated
prior to demoulding.  I will try and upload photos to Facebook so that you
can see what I'm ranting about.
Maggie

GIF image

JPEG image