[soapcraft] Re: Olive Pomace

  • From: Ross Spencer <galahad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 08:19:49 +1300

I think it depends on the source of the pomace.  I wasn't aware of any
chemicals used for pomace but I haven't really researched that aspect of it.

I think Cistus oil is CO2 extracted?  I haven't tried cistus yet?  I believe
it has a sweet hay-like scent?

I have my eyes on some vanilla absolute, white pepper and green pepper oils
at the moment.  I am also looking for a good seaweed absolute.  I want to
create a great beachy scent

Does the beeswax really harden the bar?   I must run it through SoapMaker to
see what the final bar qualities are.  I assume it is only at about 2% of
the volume?  You could use bleached beeswax or substitute Macadamia wax
which is great to use for people with allergies to bee products.

Ross