[soapcraft] Olive Pomace

  • From: "Soapcraft" <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 08:00:54 +1300

I like the idea of a lighter colour oil for soap so it does not dictate the
colour so much.  As you know Ross sometimes when you plan what colour you
want you wind up with a different colour.  I had that last week.  I set out
to make a pink soap and wound up with a caramel soap.  I had used a little
to much beeswax and honey which interacted.

Correct me if I am wrong Ross but I have tended to stay clear of Pomace
olive oil as being the last pressings is chemically extracted and therefore
slightly contaminated???

Having said that I know that some essential oils are also chemically
extracted like Rock Rose and I adore this essential oil and would love to
get my hands on some bulk.

Gina