[soapcraft] Beer Soap

  • From: "Liz Brook" <liz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Soapcraft" <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 20:56:52 +1200

I have unmoulded the beer soap.  I did a small batch in a downpipe.  It came
out of the mould really easy - yay!

The soap has the same scent as fresh cut goats milk soap - so not really sure
if that is like hops or not!  The scent is not unpleastnt, sort of earthy and
organic.  It is lovely and opaque and dense looking.  It looks like it will be
really creamy.  The colour is pale caramel.  Will post pics tomorrow or
Wednesday - the camera battery is flat.

It will be interesting to use it and see if the scent changes during curing.

I really like the look.

Liz