[soapcraft] 1st market/stable colours

  • From: Julie Hetherington <juliehetheringto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 19:50:39 +0000

Well done Mandy...good effort.  Markets can be such good fun.

I too appear to be swirl challenged. I have watched/read everything i can find
online about how to swirl but just can't manage to get the swirl all the way
down the entire bar - it just ends up as a blob of colour at the top. I think
my issue is too thick a trace.  Something to work on i guess.

I do have a question for the forum if i may. I'm wanting some advice on
colouring.  My green's and yellows just fade too quickly. It's so disappointing
when they start off being so vibrant and the colour just disappears.  I am
currently using chlorophyll for green and annatto or beta carotene for yellow.
I find the annatto to give more of an orange than a yellow but i am trying to
find a real yellow.  Can anyone suggest alternative greens and yellows that
will hold.

Julie Hetherington
 17 Honiss jPlace
Cambridge
0273024381

From: mok.mansions@xxxxxxxxx
To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [soapcraft] Re: 1st market
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 07:39:45 +1200

Kia ora

The mold I was using was the first real one I have ever used real as in not
recycled ie made for the purpose…it was lined with black plastic like a rubbish
bag I guess quite thick plastic….when I have used box molds I have lined with
baking paper.
I used a beater to swirl my mold. You could try a funnel with an upright mold
ie 2 jugs pour alternatinvely into funnel which is stationery above mold..i
havent tried this and some of my swirls don’t work usually the ones I don’t try
to swirl work better than the ones I do try so me giving swirling advice, well
..i am still perfecting my technique shall I say!

Arohanui
Mandy Coleman
Mokihinui Mansions
36-56 Lewis Street