[smee] Aha, it's not dead!

  • From: Victor Putz <vputz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:27:15 -0600

For those of you wondering about SMEE-mail:

The freelists.org site took a major hit in the form of a pretty mighty
lightning strike (the Indiana area has been hit hard with thunderstorms
recently to the tune of 12 inches in a 48-hour period, etc).  It fried all
their equipment and it looked pretty much dead.

Fortunately, it seems to be up and running again; the Brums are
resubscribed with their new address (woot!) and things should continue as
they have.

During the down time, I added some bulletin boards on the tiny little smee
website (http://smee.freezope.org).  Feel free to post more
publicly-accessible messages there if you want--I created it so that we
would have a backup for SMEE-mail, but evidently that won't be necessary.
It could sure be useful to create threads for each character's current
wish list or whatnot as well.  More on that as I figure out how to do it.

For Sunday: Not sure if Bear can make it, but it could be a tiny SMEE
reunion this Sunday; the Brums are back online, and Steve/Heather may be
back as well.  Since I still want to save a TOFS raid for Ent, I'm
currently thinking... Nadox.  Plenty more drops there for LOY spell
quests, lots of interesting loot, and some more quest items (Rhys will be
trying to finish the Luggald Flesh quest, maybe twice--it wouldn't break
my heart to see our rogue duel-equipped with 13/23 piercers).

So: Open in Dulak, move to Nadox quickly--if people are up for that.

I tried Veksar out--VERY interesting zone and good possibilities for us.
And of course the panoply of zones which still give us good
challenge/reward is pretty vast right now.  Woot!

-->VPutz