[slislita] summer job

  • From: Stosh Jonjak <stoshy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slislita@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:09:53 -0500

I'm looking for a student to collaborate with me and eventually take
over my position at the Wetherby Cranberry Library. At this point, the
groundwork has been established for this position. The duties for this
job include cataloging using a custom-scheme, selecting candidates for
digitization, digitizing, creating OCR derivatives, and managing a
digital collection using CONTENTdm. I have documented workflows on
these parts of the job, so I can train the potential hire. The ideal
student will have a willingness to learn about the cranberry industry
in Wisconsin.

This is a great opportunity to learn about creating and managing a
digital library and a physical archive. The Wetherby Cranberry Library
Digital Collections is already one of the larger digital libraries in
the state of Wisconsin. The search/portal page to the collection can
be reached here:
http://discovercranberries.com/index.cfm?event=pageview&contentid=31 .
This position would require some travel to Warrens, WI, where the
archival collection is located, meaning the student would have to have
a mode of transportation (at least by August and the transportation is
reimbursed--usually involved a day trip to Warrens once every couple of weeks).

I've just gotten confirmation that this position will be funded for
this summer, so this would make an excellent summer job with a higher
wage than typically a student reformatting technician would receive.
The time is flexible, but ideally would be around 20 hours per week.
This e-mail is to just send the feelers out and see if there are
interested students. Interested students should e-mail me at
asjonjak@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks for hearing me out--hope you're all buckling down to finish up strongly,

Best,

Stosh

in the subject