[sleafordbka] Open Apiary Cranwell 11th June

  • From: simon croson <sicroson@xxxxxx>
  • To: Sleaford BKA <sleafordbka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 07:57:21 +0100

Hi beekeepers - i trust you are all having a buzzy and productive season. It
sounds like the open apiary meetings are all going very well.  Swarm collection
is also productive.

It will soon be the open apiary meeting at the York House Apiary, RAF Cranwell.
Please ensure that you bring clean suits and gloves, i will provide tools etc.

Refreshments will follow in the Brunei community centre.

Could anyone wishing to attend this meeting please let me know by the very
latest 5pm on 6th June - as i will need names to put in for access to the
station.

Anyone not providing names before this deadline will not be able to attend -
sorry.  I do not need car details - but you will need photo id to get on base
on the day.

To help out with other aspects of the SBKA i will offer a "producing items for
the show bench" session prior to the open apiary meeting in the Brunei
community centre from 12 - 2.  the open apiary will commence at 230 so this
will make for a good afternoon  of beekeeping.

With the Heckington show fast approaching it would also make an ideal
opportunity to discuss plans for the show - based on the success of last year
where we shared with the general public many aspects of our craft : - virtual
hive, top bar hive, extracting honey, tasting, candle rolling and providing
general advice on many aspects of bees and beekeeping.

We will need a "Band of Beekeepers" to make the event a success - if you would
like to bee a part of it please get back to me, as some already have done.

The Heckington show is also a chance to sell some honey also - please ensure
that any honey presented for sale is of the best quality.

Anyone who knows the whereabouts of the SBKA spinner please contact Rika Gordon
- who is copied into this mail.

Best wishes
Simon Croson
sicroson@xxxxxx