[SKRIVA] Ny SF Encyclopedia i beta-form

  • From: Ahrvid Engholm <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sverifandom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:46:13 +0200

Från Locus:

"The beta version of the new online incarnation of The Encyclopedia of Science
Fiction(http://www.sf-encyclopedia.com/) has launched. The editors say, “We
think we’re about 3/4 of the way through compiling the Encyclopedia. Our
current 3.2m wordcount will probably expand to 4.2m by the time we’re done at
the end of 2012. So there will be some entries missing in the beta text, and
some cross-reference links that aren’t yet working. Of course, we hope that
3.2m words will be enough to occupy everyone for a while…” They expect to make
updates monthly.
The encyclopedia was launched as part of the the new SF Gateway site from UK
publisher (and Encyclopedia of Science Fiction sponsor) Gollancz. The new site
makes thousands of classic SF works available as e-books for the first time."

--Ahrvid

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Be an @SFJournalen Twitter Follower for all the latest
news in short form! / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur