[sib-access] writing electronic music with Sibelius

  • From: "Jean Philippe" <jp.rykiel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sibaccess" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 14:20:48 +0100

Dear Dan and all,
my goal when using Sibelius was not to print scores for an orchestra, but to be
able to compose music for electronic instruments with a composers approach. If
I want a performer's approach, I use sonar and record myself in real-time. That
works very well, but sonar's step record mode doesn't allow me to go as far as
I want to.
In Sibelius, it appears to me, though I'm not very good at music theory, that
choosing an instrument implicates writing something that's playable by this
instrument and using the appropriate signs. How about if I want to write
something that's not playable by a clasical instrument. Which instrument should
I choose.
Any advice is very welcome.
Cheers,
JPR http://myspace.com/jeanphilipperykiel