[sib-access] new list member seeking information

  • From: "Stefan Slucki" <gracedman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:19:22 +1030

Hi everyone,
I am a totally blind adaptive technology trainer and musically illiterate,
that is, I love music but can't compose or fully understand its terminology.
I have a client who is nearly totally blind who wishes to accomplish the
following:
1. Compose fairly simple music pieces for piano and violin students they
have by typing these onto computer using Jaws.
2. Scan and modifying existing music scores not exceeding 3 to 4 parts in
complexity, again for piano and violin or a combination.

My adaptive tech supervisor tells me that Sibelius 6 is visually a more
straightforward and appealing notation software program than ... the other
one which Jaws supports.

My questions for clarification:

First, so do I need to have my client download and use Jaws version 6 so as
to run Sibelius Access?
Second, will the current version of Sibelius Access support Sibelius 6 or
only 5.25?
If only 5.25 how do I get a copy of it?

Third, can a non-musically aware person teach what I've outlined the client
needs to know or will the client need to teach themselves?

With Sibelius Speaking, there were mp3s is there any similar stuff
available?

Regards to all;
Stefan Slucki.