[sib-access] Re: converting midi file to a profissional score

  • From: "Claudio Sacco" <cl.sacco@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 07:28:56 +0200

Ramy,
Dave ment here overlapping notes in duration, so that at the end it looks as
if there are multiple voices.
It's not a good idea to tell Sibelius that the shortest note is a
thirty-second. Listen to your midi file and try to figure out what the
shortest note should be. Also, depending on the piece, it could be useful to
quantize it by characteristic sections or even by particular sections of
tracks. The result will be much more accurate and you will avoid to have to
do a lot of editing in Sibelius afterwards.
Regards