[sib-access] Re: Writing lyrics to slightly different verses

  • From: Benjamin Blatter <benjaminblatter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 14:50:31 +0200

Hi Dale and all
thank you for your suggestion. I'm afraid I don't understand everything
completely yet. Might be because my native language is German.

You wrote:
 > By adjusting the ties, either placing one or removing that one,
depending on
 > which verse you are inputting, you should be able to make it work.

But what about the different melody? Verse 1 and 2 sound identical, the
third verse has two notes more. Should I just write the different third
verse and join these two notes with a tie? Then comunicate the
difference in the rehearsal? And if I understand correctly there is
still the problem that sibelius won't place a syllable on the seconth of
two tied notes, right? but that's exactly what I would need.

Maybe luck is with me right now: I just discovered this song as a free
music sheet download. Seems that I escaped yet again. but I really want
to know how this is done properly because I'm sure I'll run in this
situation again soon.
I'll try to find out how this problem is solved in this official score.
Hopefully we can find a way in sibelius too. I'll keep you informed.

Thanks for all your help
Ben