[sib-access] Re: Sibelius sound essensials

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 10:31:17 -0000

Ramy wrote: is there a difference between the sibelius sound  essentials and
the kontakt player?

Oh yes.  Sounds essentials are a sample library and Kontakt player is what
plays them, so you'll need both.

I need hardly remind you that the Kontakt player is not accessible, but
that's hardly new news.

Remember that the playback devices dialog causes major problems with JAWS.
You can switch to a different playback configuration but only if you use the
JAWS cursor and do not try to navigate the dialog with standard keystrokes.
I'm not joking when I say that pressing tab once in this dialog could be
enough to crash Sibelius.

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk