[sib-access] Sibelius 5 availability (an amendment)

  • From: "Tim Burgess" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 12:36:16 +0100

Hi,

I previously posted that it's no longer possible to obtain Sibelius 5, even
as a downgrade from V7.  However, I've done some more checking and the true
state of affairs comes down to this:

1 - If you're buying a brand-new Sibelius 7 box (i.e. not as an upgrade),
you can only downgrade back as far as V6;

2 - If you're buying an upgrade to V7 because you already own Sibelius 4 or
earlier, it is still possible to downgrade back to V5.  This is because Avid
can use your older serial number to activate the V5 copy (newer serial
numbers aren't allowed to work with V5 or earlier).

Hope that this offers a little hope for anybody who would still prefer to
use V5 until Dan makes Sibelius Access available for the newer products.

Best wishes.

Tim Burgess

Raised Bar Ltd

Phone:  +44 (0)1827 719822