[sib-access] Re: Sandra needs a quick reminder.

  • From: Sandra Gayer <sandragayer7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 21:25:46 +0000

Hello again everyone,
Thanks for the suggestions. It's the top left of my external keypad.
The problem is that Jaws doesn't say anything or give any feedback.
When I press keys within the specified layouts, (f8 f9 etc), it either
says number 1 2 3 4 5 and so on or it says nothing. I arrow backwards
and forwards to the relevant notes to find out if what I meant to do
is what I have actually done. I got there in the end though, hee hee!

I should probably change the subject line because I have a juicier
problem to sort out. I can't dot notes. The Sibelius access guide says
to press keypad 8 in the f8 layout in order to dot notes. All this
does in my Sibelius is sharpen the note. I have experimented without
other f layouts and no good has come of it. On my old computer, I
pressed full stop to dot a note. I tried pressing that on my laptop
keyboard and Jaws said "no rhythm dot." I have spent fruitless time
trying to find relevant dots in previous scores and that's hasn't
worked out either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Very best wishes,
Sandra.