[sib-access] Playing Techniques

  • From: "Annabelle Susan Morison" <foristnights@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 11:34:50 -0700

Hi, it's Annabelle.
I've notated a score in Sibelius where I've incorporated things like Trils,
scoops, falls, and other jazzy styles. I'm wondering, How do I get these to
play back smoothly in Garritan Jazz And Big Band? For some reason, the
scoops and falls don't play, and the trills sound a bit unnatural. Since
none of them except the trills play back in Sibelius, I've saved the file as
a MIDI Format 1, and imported it into Sonar. Is there something I've
forgotten, that I'm supposed to do in the process?