[sib-access] Re: Need Help Changing Initial Key Signature for Score

  • From: Kevin Gibbs <kevjazz@xxxxxx>
  • To: "sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 12:56:09 -0500

Key signatures our staff items because, were you to have transposing
instruments, you would have the potential for having every staff with its own
key signature. To change the initial key signature, simply go to the first beat
of bar one and select with shift left arrow. Then press K and the key signature
dialogue will come up. You should be able to arrow or tab through it to get the
key signature you want.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2015, at 12:53 PM, Dani Pagador <axs.brl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, Everyone.
I'm brain cramping and need help with changing the initial key
signature in a score.

I started writing the drum part, and know that _it is in the key of C.

I need to add additional staves for singers, and they need to be in a
different key. I can add the staves, but can't figure out how to
change the key signature so their staves have what they need.

The most I've been able to get from looking at the archives is that
you have to choose the key signature you want for your staves to be
changed to, then delete the initial one. How do I select the initial
key signature to delete it? Is it a system thing, or a staff thing?

Thanks,
Dani