[sib-access] Re: Inserting sound IDs?

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 22:43:49 +0100

Parham ,

You cannot insert sound IDs directly into the score. Sibelius does this
automatically when it encounters an item which requires the sound ID to
change.

You can choose what elements get added for different items by using the
playback dictionary dialog (read section 4.7 in the Sibelius reference for
more information on this). However, you shouldn't need to do this for common
techniques like vibrato.

In this case you only need to add a piece of technique text containing the
word vibrato or just "vib." Sibelius will then change the sound ID so that
it contains the vibrato element. As another example, when you put a staccato
articulation on a note, the sound ID will be changed to include the staccato
element.

There several commonly used software instruments which have there own sound
sets, and these will ensure that Sibelius sends the right program changes
and controller messages to the synth when it encounters a particular element
in the score. Unfortunately, changing which sound sets are used is done
through the playback devices dialog which is not currently supported. The
best thing to do is get a sighted assistant to set up a playback
configuration for you.

Dan Rugman

Visit www.musicaccess.co.uk
for visually-impaired musicians and home of Sibelius Access