[sib-access] Re: [Bulk] Sibelius 7 ribbon.

  • From: "Farfar on Laptop" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 08:56:02 -0700

Sandra,

Dale's advice is good. The whole concept of the ribbon has been in place
since the inception of Office 2007, and continues to pervade many mainstream
applications.

JAWS 12 has a virtual ribbon feature that might help you, in that it makes
the ribbon appear as our standard menus from before. However I don't know if
it will work with any ribbon or just with Microsoft's ribbon. If you're not
using JAWS 12 and are eligible to upgrade, you may want to give that a try.

In basic concept, accessing the ribbon starts with tapping the alt key and
then arrow left-right across the main topics. When you find one that sounds
promising you press spacebar and you drop into the ribbon area. Then arrow
left/right will get you to most sub-categories, and spacebar will open
various drop boxes, sub-menus, etc.

Takes a lot of visualization to understand what's going on. Have you read
any of the Freedom Scientific help files on the subject of the Ribbon? If
not, they may help, as well.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.