[sib-access] Re: [Bulk] Sib-access and JAWS versions

  • From: "Farfar on Laptop" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 08:47:16 -0700

Kevin,

That sounds draconian, somehow. Have you tried using JAWS 8 with Sib-Access?
If it works, then JAWS 8 = Sib 5 and JAWS 10 = Sib 6.

I may have been too terse in my prior response...

If the new Sib-Access scripts for Sib 6 come out and have a different
structure, they may be able to co-habitate the same ENU folder. For example
I just ran over to my DAW and in my ENU folder I have scripts with Sibelius
5.jcf and Sibelius 6.jcf. This means that you could conceivably have both
Sib 5 and Sib 6 scripts run from the same version of JAWS, as long as each
set of scripts are properly named for the version of Sibelius.

If however these new not-yet-released Sib 6 scripts have special files or
functions that cannot be named with a "5" or "6" then all bets are off.

We'll have to see what Dan comes up with first.

Hold on to your checkbook for now. I'm very not-happy with JAWS 12
overall -- I consider it to be a very buggy and poorly-controlled product
release.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my comfort
try to remedy that situation.