[sib-access] Re: [Bulk] Sib-access and JAWS versions

  • From: "Farfar on Laptop" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 08:24:16 -0700

K,

First, I'm almost certain that the latest Sib-Access scripts will work with
JAWS 10. I've used them with both JAWS 9 and JAWS 11.

Second, You can use multiple versions of JAWS with Sib-Access. Just make
sure to copy the script files to your ENU folder for each version of JAWS.
The registry and other files in the install process do not have to be
re-installed.

Third, you cannot use different versions of Sib-Access on the same version
of JAWS -- the script files will overwrite each other in the ENU folder. And
the changes to the registry may be unique to the version of Sib-Access.

And to add one more point, if you are using both Sib 5 and Sib 6 on the same
operating system, Sib 6 will take precedence over Sib 5 as the default
program to launch when you select a file with a .sib extension.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my comfort
try to remedy that situation.