[sib-access] Re: Adding chords

  • From: Ramy Moustafa <ramy.moustafa.s@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 20:47:38 +0200

aha Dave and Kevin thanks
so, if i will write, the chord C major without any tentions.
i will write CMaj, but if i will write or i need C and it's seventh is
major also. like:
c, e, g, natural b.
how will i make difference bitween it and c, e, g, b flat.?

On 10/6/15, Kevin Gibbs <kevjazz@xxxxxx> wrote:

If you write accord as simply ate one capital letter, that assumes a triad
with no upper structure tensions, seven, nine, 11, 13. If you want anymore
information it is best to expand your cord notation as I explained in my
previous email.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 6, 2015, at 4:52 AM, Ramy Moustafa <ramy.moustafa.s@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Aha, but from what i knew, when we need to type a Major chord, we can
use just C, D as upper letters, but when we need to use Minor chords,
we can type these letters as lower case letters,
concerning major and minor appreviations that we put, this is
concerning the seventh state.

please correct my info

On 10/6/15, Dani Pagador <axs.brl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The chord name/roote is always uppercase, like your name would be.
*smile*

On 10/5/15, Ramy Moustafa <ramy.moustafa.s@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks all for yur inputs here. and Thanks Dann for your clerifying.
but you said that i must start with Upper case, even if teh Chord is
Minor.
i knew that if teh chord is c minor, c, e flat and g, i can type the
letter c lower case and they will understand that this is a minor, am
i right?\

On 10/5/15, Dale Lieser <dale.lieser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Awesome! Thanks for clarifying!