[sib-access] Re: About writing slurs in Sibelius 5.25.

  • From: Kevin L Gibbs <kevjazz@xxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 00:27:14 -0500

First of all, Sib Access doesn't always report the slur direction accurately.
Second, the slur direction depends on stem direction.  Majority rules.  if the
majority of the notes in the slur are stem up, the slur should be below the
notes.  The slur should hug the noteheads to the extent possible.  Sibelius 6
will clean this stuff up better than Sibelius 5.  Unfortunately, there is no
way for a blind person to simply depend on Sibelius to get it right all the
time.  There are collision issues that it takes a trained eye to deal with in
Sibelius 5.25.  As I said, Sibelius 6 will fix much but not all of this.
Kevin