[sib-access] AW: Re: AW: Re: Slash notation

  • From: "Benjamin Blatter" <benjaminblatter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 08:00:02 +0200

Hi Dave, hi Kevin

Thanks for your messages.

I'm writing a jazz piece for trumpet, tenor saxophone, piano, bass and
drums. It's my first one I write down, so this is really new for me.

So, should I just select a whole staff and then press Alt + Shift + numpad
7?
Allthough Kevin, you say something about that wouldn't be the way jazz is
written ...
I'm a bit confused right now.

I don't know either if such slash notation is written on just one single
line or just on the third of five lines of a staff. The latter was mentioned
in the sibelius reference.

Ben