[SI-LIST] Re: unbalanced setup/hold for DDR3 read

  • From: "Istvan Nagy" <buenos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Qu, Pingyu \(Perry\)" <perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:29:15 +0100

Hi
the write leveling compensates for fly-by skew and memory chip ck-dqs timing,
while the read leveling calibrates for dq-dqs skew in read transactions.
jesd79-3x mentiones it in the multi purpose register description, protocol
example, since it is a feature of the memory controller, not really the memory
chip.

regards,
Istvan Nagy
CCT