[SI-LIST] Re: surface roughness

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: colin_warwick@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:46:18 -0500

Colin

Not ganging up on you at all.  Just ganging up on the fact that the
"Intel/Huray" approach of performing this level of microscopic detailed
modeling is gross overkill.   I'd certainly love to see good complex
correlation of both magnitude and phase for the Huray model in a
simulator.  But, it's just not necessary, having done hundreds of models
correlated with measurements using the Djordjevic-Sarkar model combined
with the Hammerstadt-Jensen model (or other macroscopic model).

Scott

Scott McMorrow
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com

Teraspeed® is the registered service mark of

On 11/22/2011 4:16 PM, colin_warwick@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Scott, Todd,
>
> Ganging up on me, heh? :-)
>
> To be clear, SEM and AFM data aren't the only way to set the parameters of
> our model. The macroscopic fitting approach you mention works too. And that
> approach does indeed have the advantage that you can let the optimizer tune
> the Svensson-Djordevic dielectric model parameters at the same time. But the
> fact that direct microscopic measurement can be used to set the parameters
> correctly gives us confidence that the model has a physical basis and is
> something more than a polynomial fit.
>
> Best regards,
>
> -- Colin Warwick
>
> Product Manager for High Speed Digital