[SI-LIST] Re: sorting thru the junk mail

  • From: "JaMi Smith" <jamismith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:20:32 -0800

> Also note that the freelists servers (and by extension Ecartis) run on
> Linux, not Windoze.

Thank you Ray !

 Exactly 100% my point, I knew someone else would make it for me !

You notice the point in my previous post where I said "with the one exception
being
where the original prpgrammer[sic] hates "Windoze" and intentionally writes his
code
in a manner which does not conform to the way the rest of the world operates.",
right before where I said "Good code, and those that write it, always covers
all of
the bases".

Unfortunately, most of those who have the "Windoze" mentality (which is
specifically
a "Linux" phenomenon) totally ignore any "Windows" compatibility issues, and in
some
instances, where they really hate "Windows", sometimes actually go out of their
way
to cause incompatibility issues.

You have actually hit the nail squarely on the head !

You have identified the problem !

Respecting my (or anyone else) wanting to complain about specific problems with
non
"Linux" email programs, just exactly what do you think the response would be? I
can
tell you that it would most likely be "go pound sand !", along with "switch to
"Linux"!", and "if you dont like it, don't use it!".

Interestingly, the odd thing about this is that a large number of the
"Listservers"
out there, including many that handle all of these issues correctly across the
board
(on any platform, running any email software, including "Windows"), are actually
written, compiled, and run, on a "Linex" "Server", which means that even that
isn't
even an excuse.

Bottom line, is that the "Linux" excuse, really isn't an acceptable excuse, and
poor
code is just that, poor code, no matter what the platform, and no matter what
email
program is used !

Thanks for saying it for me,

JaMi