[SI-LIST] solution for downloads confirmed

  • From: Doug Smith <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emc-pstc <emc-pstc@xxxxxxxx>, SI-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:34:26 -0800

Hi All,

The solution (naming the audio program files with .dcs instead of .mp3
and then changing the name to .mp3 after download) seems to work for
many people. So I will be doing this for all 18 podcast files. Tonight
I have done those for March including the Andy Hish memorial. The
files below ending in .dcs (my initials) are the exact same mp3 files
but with the different ending that allow some people access to the
files. If you download the .dcs version, just change the name to .mp3
to listen. To download the .dcs files, right click the link and select
"save as" from the menu.

You can also access these files from the home page at
http://emcesd-podcast.com where there are also show notes with each
audio file and links to sites mentioned in the program or related topics.

The current programs converted are:

# March 26, 2006, Strange Happenings (5 min 30 sec)
http://emcesd-podcast.com/2006/march/2006-0326.mp3 (to auto play)
http://emcesd-podcast.com/2006/march/2006-0326.dcs (mp3 ---> dcs)

# March 18, 2006, Wireless Internet at 37,000 feet (6 min 13 sec)
http://emcesd-podcast.com/2006/march/2006-0318.mp3
http://emcesd-podcast.com/2006/march/2006-0318.dcs

# March 10, 2006, Predicting Cable Emissions from Common Mode Current
(5 min 54 sec)
http://emcesd-podcast.com/2006/march/2006-0310.mp3
http://emcesd-podcast.com/2006/march/2006-0310.dcs

# March 4, 2006, A Tribute to Andy Hish, a True Engineering Pioneer
(15 min 34 sec)
http://emcesd-podcast.com/2006/march/2006-0304.mp3
http://emcesd-podcast.com/2006/march/2006-0304.dcs

Enjoy!
Doug

     ___          _            Doug Smith
      \          / )           P.O. Box 1457
       =========               Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457
    _ / \     / \ _            TEL/FAX: 408-356-4186/358-3799
  /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \          Mobile:  408-858-4528
|  q-----( )  |  o  |         Email:   doug@xxxxxxxxxx
  \ _ /    ]    \ _ /          Web:     http://www.dsmith.org

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: