[SI-LIST] sfp cage holes to chassis ground

  • From: mfc programming <mfcprog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 16:03:56 +0200

Hi,
I`m trying to add a SFP pressfit cage to my layout. This cage has a lot of
holes and ground tabs which are connected by the aluminium case of the
product and therefore directly connected to the chassis ground. That means
every hole of this sfp cage should be connected to the chassis ground, too.
Within the case there`s the sfp connector located with 20 signal
connections. These signals and grounds belong to the system ground.

Do you know a good application note with screenshots how to route these
signals to the sfp connector as well as routing the chassis ground
connection? Because the sfp cage holes are around the sfp connector located,
I have only one small gap to route all 20 signals to the connector with the
system ground. The other solution would be to leave the three sfp cage holes
located behind the connector unconnected.

best regards
Hans

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net